September 17, 2020
The plan partners (unions, government, UBCM) of the Municipal Pension Plan have come to an Agreement in Principle (AIP) on proposed negotiated changes to the pension plan. At this time, CUPE BC is reaching out to members to share information about the proposed changes, answer questions, and hear feedback. When approved, these changes would only come into effect as of January 1, 2022 and would only apply to service after that date.
If you would like to know more about how the changes will directly impact you:
- Visit mppredesign.ca to learn more about the changes generally.
- Use the online calculator to learn more about how the proposed changes affect you directly.
- If you need help navigating the website, you can call the project’s Call Centre at: 1-877-251-0997 (the Call Centre staff cannot answer detailed questions about plan design.) Call Centre hours of operation 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, open from September 14 to October 23, 2020.
- If you have a question or comment, you can go online to ca and click on “submit a question” and that question will be directed to CUPE.
- If you still have questions or wanted to provide feedback, please contact CUPE BC at: email@example.com